Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bread Street Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay

Address: Bay Level, L1-81, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Spore 018956
Contact: +65 6688 5665
Opening hours:
Breakfast: 7.30am to 10.30am (Sat and Sun only)
Lunch 11.30am to 4pm (Mon to Fri)
Brunch: 11am to 3pm (Sat and Sun only)
Dinner 5.30pm to 10pm (Sun to Wed)
Dinner: 5.30m to 11pm (Thurs to Sun)


For more updated info: https://www.facebook.com/breadstreetkitchensingapore/


Having the 3rd group of friends celebrating my birthday when it's not even nearing yet. This time at Bread Street Kitchen, finally! Age is really catching up ain't it? I'm 28 this year and two more years to my big 30! Make time stop please!!!

So anyways... this reservation was made 3 months ago. If you have been keeping track of my blog, we were here three months ago for Wendy's birthday dinner but we are unable to get a seat nor a reservation. They told us we had to make a reservation 3 months in advance and we did... so here we are today, on my Birthday celebration. But the person who wanted to come here the most today couldn't make it. Wendy was held up at work for her new restaurant so she had to miss today... Sad max!!!




Hi, Gordon~












Complimentary Bread Basket (free flow)

Consist of Foccacia bread, Rye & Bread Sticks.

These breads are so yums!! Spreading butter on them makes it even better!! They were so fluffy on the inside and that nicely salted crust boost your appetite right from the start!


 I am H.U.N.G.R.Y now~






The Menu

Cold Starters, Hot Starters, Salads, Mains, Grill, Sides



Dessert and Drinks




A very sweet surprise from Rayne!!
I really wasn't expecting this at all!

I have been wanting to look for a handphone casing that doesn't push my screen protector upwards. I saw these casings over the weekends at AMK but I end up not getting them. After complaining about it to Rayne for a bit, she end up getting them for me as a gift! Super touched!

She should totally be my Boyfie~
Hi there, Boyfie!

Now these casing fits perfectly for my S7 Edge. ^^


Happy! :)




Cheers!

Hmmm... Why only 3 glasses?
Cos the latecomer not here yet.



2014 Scanavino, Moscato d'Asti, Piedmont, Italy. $15

This was so good I tell you! It was very smooth, refreshing, sweet and fruity.
And because it was chilled, it tasted even better!












Cold Starter -
Spicy Tuna Tartare, Chilli, Garlic, Sesame oil, Wonton crisp $19

 The Tune was fresh, mild flavor and firm. Having it together with the sour cream and crispy Wonton is surprisingly good!

Reminded me of the Salmon Tartare I had at Paddys Hills. Though this spicy tuna was good, but the Paddy Hills' one still win hands down! Haha.




Hot Starter -
Flatbread, caramelized Onion, Taleggio Cheese, Semi-dried Tomatoes, Rocket pesto $20

Nothing fantastic though, just like normal pizza~
Nothing to rave about.


Even after our Starters are done... our "dear" friend still haven't made an appearance yet! The waitress here was kind enough to offer to hold the mains before our friend arrive. Services here are really different. They are attentive and polite. Keep serving us drinks and topping up our breads.

As we wasn't really sure what time will Lijia be arriving so we decided to tell them to serve the mains. We were a little embarrassed to sit there for so long without any appetizers already. LOL... Don't care liao... no need wait for our friend!





Mains -
Roasted Duck Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Kale, Roasted Ceps and Mulled Berry Jus $38

Looks pretty enticing isn't it! Sent this to my friend and she assumed and she assumed it was Beef!! Haha! It was cooked perfectly with that pinkish center. Flavorful and tender! A forkful of the meat and the Mash Potatoes along with the sauce made a little dance inside my mouth...




Mains -
Butternut Squash Risotto, Sage, Chestnut, Aged Parmesan $32


Look at the cheeeeesseeeee.

Its texture was smooth and a good kind of gooey... but it was a little too cheesy and creamy for me. Already feeling gelat after a few mouth.







Roasted Sea Trout with Wild Garlic Crust, White and Green Asparagus, White Wine veloute  $37


We were quite confused when the dish arrived. We thought either they send the dish wrongly or we ordered wrongly. But apparently, Sea Trout is somewhat similar to Salmon.
So yup, that's a Sea Trout you're looking at.

The fish was handled very well. Not over cooked at all. Very tender. Garlic crust was only okay, not much difference with or without .

For me, this dish doesn't have enough "WOW" factor.




It's my 3rd cake this year! On the house for this cake! Woo!!

My sisters actually bought a Matcha cake for me but we were told that cakes purchased from outside cannot be consumed in the restaurant.

So while I excused myself for the ladies, they ordered a Chocolate Fondant for me!

But in the end, the restaurant served us another piece of Brownie on the house!

So sweet of them!




May my wish come true :)


Wishing hard~


Here comes the Chocolate Fondant with Salted Caramel with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream $20



It's oozing out. Flowy and warm! This was good!
It wasn't too sweet, so it's not so sinful I guessed? Wahahahah.
Not a Mint lover, still prefer it to go with Vanilla... wahahhahaah...
But my friends enjoy it though.




This brownie doesn't taste like the usual brownie.
It was very soft and moist, was not too sweet too.



Complimentary cookies after payment is made!!

Don't think these are just some plain looking Chocolate Chips cookies, they are highly addictive!!



Asked for a shot, the payment card looks like a passport.
Acting like she's gonna flyyyyyyyyy again.


Cheers!



Total damage: $266




A photo with the "Man" himself before we leave the place!



As I was quite packed this week, I didn't managed to do my research to see which are their "Must-try" dishes. So while I was writing up this entry, I went to research a little about them. Apparently we didn't order any of the recommended dishes. HAHA! Fish & Chips, Dingley Dell Pork Belly, Tamarind Spiced Chicken Wings and the Cheesecake!! NONE! HAHAHH! It's okay... if ever there is another chance of going back, I will be sure to order those.

All in all, I feel that the food was okay. Not very impressive. Their desserts and complimentary dishes were good! For the amount of money we are paying, I felt that the food could be better. Services were undeniably good of course. Atmosphere wise was only okay, not very quiet like I thought it would be. I don't like fine-dining places, very stressful leh!
So this setting was alright for loud girls like us! Haha.

 

Food (mains) : 7/10
Food (desserts): 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Overall: 7.5/10
 Will I visit again? Maybe for their desserts, heard it's quite good!


Thanks for reading.
Feel free to drop me a message, and follow me on the social platforms below!


on Facebook (Apple pupu Lim)
on Snapchat (doris_candy / Freshapple)
on Twitter (apple_nfl)
on Instagram (applenfl/Freshapple)
on Dayre (Freshapple)
or Email me at
doris_candy@hotmail.com

No comments:

The Bloom Outlet (How to Budget for your Wedding Flowers) [sp]

Are you busy planning your wedding now? Having so many items in your TO DO LIST? One of them is definitely your wedding flowers of course. ...